5 things from last night’s Board meetingLeave a Comment
Here’s what you missed if you weren’t part of Board Watch (you should really think about volunteering 😉 ) at last night’s Pittsburgh Public Schools’ Board Meeting:
– Bus routes are being scheduled now, and letters will be mailed to parents between August 10-18. There is a bus driver shortage, though, which will hopefully be resolved but may affect routes.
– Class leveling decisions will be communicated by September 24 and will be put into effect on September 28
– Schools with new principals are Morrow (Darrell Prioleau), Phillips (Michael Calvert), Colfax (Tamara Sanders-Woods), and Uprep (Christopher Horne)
– PPS’ Back to School event is August 28 (1-6pm), at King.
– and some heartening news: 98% of all K-12 professional positions have been filled (1,949 of 1,990), and 99.6% of current K-12 professionals are assigned (1,861 of 1,868)
Questions about any of these items? Make a comment below and we’ll post answers.