We’re Hiring!Leave a Comment
Date(s) - 06/13/19 - 06/28/19
Categories No Categories
We are looking for an enthusiastic Creative Lead & Youth Developer to join our TeenBloc team in August 2019!
Position Title: TeenBloc Creative Lead & Youth Developer
Start Date: August 2019
Supervisor: Director of Family and Youth Engagement
The TeenBloc Creative Lead & Youth Developer will:
- Work with students to capture and raise up the experiences of students by amplifying their voices to promote change.
- Work with partners to capture the stories of students and nurture the skills needed to effectively share these experiences.
- Help to build and execute a plan of action for students based on A+ Schools’ newly launched strategic plan, and oversee the plan the students create over the summer. The TeenBloc Creative Lead & Youth Developer will support the work as outlined below.
A. Community Outreach
- Recruit students from across the city through in-school and out-of-school opportunities, with special focus on the Northside and the Hilltop neighborhoods (Beltzhoover, Allentown, Knoxville, Arlington, and Mt. Oliver) to participate in programming over the next school year
- Participate in other youth-focused coalitions and community meetings
- Organize the various methods to collect student stories (photographs, videos, recordings, etc.) and establish a timeline and goals for collection
- Coordinate the collection of student stories so that they are aligned with a theme and tied to a larger advocacy opportunity that addresses educational inequities
- Utilize social media platforms to share student stories in a manner that connects with a cross-generational community and helps to build a following
- Work with the Director of Family and Youth Engagement to determine programmatic milestones that will help to strengthen certain skill sets for students in relation to the telling, collection and sharing of student stories
- Attend programming with partnering organizations at least once per week to connect with students and collect stories from them
- Meet with TeenBloc students at least twice per month to work on their story telling campaign and facilitate workshops and trainings specific to those skill sets
- Guide students through the process of amplifying their stories and taking action around the policy or practice that creates the circumstance they are experiencing
- Organize two large community events with the help of the students that energizes and informs the public about the issue students are working to address
- Schedule two teach-ins with University pre-service teachers and support students as they plan for and run the teach-ins
C. Additional responsibilities may be assigned to the TeenBloc Creative Lead & Youth Developer as needed.
- Outgoing people-person who enjoys building relationships
- Creative skills that can be applied to story collection and distribution
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- Ability to connect with and inspire students to speak up and take action
- Independent worker that is self-motivated and task oriented
- A desire to continually learn, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you think you are a good fit, please send your resume to Amie Matson at email@example.com by Friday, June 28th, 2019.